• Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, Faculty of Law, LL.B., LL.M. (Distinction);
• Institute of Private Law and Enterprise of NALS of Ukraine (PhD study);
• University of Dundee (the United Kingdom), LL.M. in Corporate and Commercial Law (Distinction);
• Doctor of philosophy in law.
Experience: Roman has extensive experience of representing and advising his Ukrainian and overseas clients in M&A deals, attraction of foreign investments, acquisition and structuring of their assets and business. His core competences are corporate law, corporate governance, mergers and acquisitions, antitrust law and securities. Roman also advises his clients on various tax, land and banking law issues, as well as handles projects in real-estate, construction and investment sectors. The total amount of investment projects and M&A deals advised by Roman exceeds USD 800 million. During the period 2009 to 2012 Roman was a member of the Management Board of PJSC “Concern Galnaftogaz”. He is an author of more than 60 publications, including Textbook on Joint-Stock Companies Law.
Membership in organizations:
• Arbiter of the Arbitration Court at the All-Ukrainian Investment Association;
• Member of the Expert Council at the National Securities and Stock Market Commission;
• Member of the Public Council at the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine.
• in 2008 and 2009, Roman was shortlisted as one of the top-3 Ukrainian in-house lawyers for the project “Legal Awards” established by newspaper “Yuridicheskaya Praktika”;
• in 2011, Legal Department of PJSC “Concern Galnaftogaz” headed by Roman was recognized as one of the best legal departments in CIS countries in the field of M&A (for the project “Eurolawyer Awards”);
• in 2013, Mr.Syvyy was shortlisted as one of the top-100 Ukrainian lawyers and was recognized by Ukrainian businessmen as one of the best Ukrainian lawyers in the area of competition (antitrust) law (according to the All-Ukrainian Independent Research “Client’s Choice 2012-2013” established by the All-Ukrainian Weekly Legal Newspaper “Yurydychna Gazeta”).
Ukrainian, Russian and English.
+38 (044) 590-58-42
+38 (032) 298-96-25