«It is strange to tell that you were robbed after transaction completion,
just because the opposite side appeared smarter than you»
Corporate Law and M&A is one of our key practices. LawWhales lawyers have unique and long-standing experience of incorporation, registration and liquidation of business entities and non-profit organizations (including in foreign jurisdictions), as well as successful legal support of M&A transactions. We provide a full range of services, namely, in the following areas:
- Establishing of business in Ukraine:
- business structuring and consulting on investment activity in Ukraine;
- incorporation and registration of companies of all legal forms, representative offices and branches;
- establishing of joint ventures;
- obtainment of all necessary licenses, permits etc.
- Registration of non-profit organizations.
- Complex legal support of incorporation, activity and liquidation of joint stock companies, disclosure of information on activity of joint stock companies and submitting reports to the National Securities and Stock Market Commission.
- Elaboration of corporate governance structures.
- Сorporate secretarial services, organization and legal support of meetings of corporate governance bodies (general meetings, supervisory boards, boards of directors etc.).
- Registration of amendments to constitutional and other documents.
- Business restructuring:
- optimization of corporate structure in order to ensure business security;
- separation of non-core assets and illiquid assets sale;
- establishing of SPV companies;
- consulting on tax issues in the course of restructuring.
- Due diligence of assets and companies.
- Legal support of M&A transactions:
- transactions structuring;
- participation in negotiations, legal support of pre-negotiations processes;
- drafting of agreements (shares purchase agreements, shareholders agreements, joint ventures agreements, guarantee agreements, surety agreements, escrow agreements, etc.);
- legal support of all necessary registration procedures, receiving permits (including permits of the Antimonopoly Committee of Ukraine);
- closing of M&A transactions.
- Liquidation and reorganization of legal entities.
- Legal support of Client’s interests in corporate disputes.
- Protection against hostile takeovers, in particular:
- development of complex strategy for protection of a company against hostile takeovers;
- legal support of the existing judicial cases (if any) and initiation of new judicial cases necessary for the protection of a company;
- consulting on assets, registers, records and data protection.
- Corporate securities issue (shares, bonds) and operations with them.